Obesity and children is bad combination that all parents feared; it is a condition where excess body fat negatively affect's child health or wellbeing. Currently, the percentage of obese or overweight children in US is at or above 30 percent in 30 states; in other words, 1 out of 3 kids are considered obese or overweight. 织梦好，好织梦
The Cause 内容来自dedecms
- Similar to the cause of adult obesity, sedentary lifestyle playing a huge part in the children obesity cause. Sitting all days in front of TV, computer, or video games console with almost no exercise is most of nowadays kids do in daily basis.
- The current fast-pace lifestyle has made impact to how parents prepare food for their children; since healthy and nutritious foods preparation usually takes time, fast food becomes the most common alternatives.
- External factors are not the only cause of children's obesity; genetic factor is also a part of it although it is rare.
- Psychological factor; low self esteem can cause stress which in turns will influence a child's eating habits, make them tends to overeat.
Measure Obesity in Children 本文来自织梦
BMI (Body Mass Index) is the most common measurement used when determines obesity; it can be used for children older than two years. The simpler method is measuring your kid's weight; if it is 20% higher than a healthy weight for his/her height, then he/she is overweight.
The Effects 织梦内容管理系统
Obesity in children can trigger various effects such as high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure. These may not occur immediately, but in some cases, it already shown before the children reach the age of 20. Other effects are social and emotional problem; overweight or obese kids tend to have low self esteem, unhappy with their body, and prone to depression.
Helping Your Children to Keep Their Weight in Healthy Range 织梦内容管理系统
There are some tricks to avoid this "obesity and children" combination, starting from when they still an infant:
- Breastfeeding is a must for your newborn baby; it has nutritional beneficial effects and may prevent obesity in later life.
- Encourage your kids to take part in various physical activities since early childhood and make sure they make a habit of it. This can be in the form of organized sport team or just a friendly game during recess.
- Limit their time in front of TV, computer, or Video Games.
- Do not force them to finish their meal if they already full.
- Do not completely restrict their favorite snacks since it will only make them rebel against you by eat it secretly. A portion control and gradual nutrition education are the answers.
- Limit junk food and soft drink consumption.
These methods can be used if your kids are still within normal weight range; however, if he/she is already obese, you need a good weight loss program to reach an ideal weight. A doctor might suggest taking weight loss supplements to aid the weight loss process. Just remember that no matter which one you choose, always take the program that aim for long term solution and complemented with a good portion of exercise. Strip That Fat is my suggestion since it is safe to use by the entire family member. Consult your doctor before taking any action is a must to avoid possible future health problems. 本文来自织梦